Monday, March 7, 2011

Stir Fry, home cooking made easy

Okay, so this is not a recipe post, but to show that even we have our nights of cheating.  They sell a bag of stir fry veggies at Sam's Club.  Everything in one bag, it comes with two sauce packets, and my kids like bits and pieces of what's included...Craig and I like the whole thing.  We knew yesterday was a cook dinner as fast as you can night, which in our house means stir fry night.  Now, I do like to add a little protein in the mix, so we customize ours.



We take the bag of veggies, divide it into two gallon size ziploc freezer bags.  Add one of the sauce packets to the bag.  Then, when we are cooking chicken for the rest of the freezer meals, Craig cuts a couple chicken breasts for stir fry, throws them in their own quart size freezer bag and we put it inside the gallon size ziploc with the veggies and sauce.



Yesterday the bag was thawed and two cups of rice later...dinner was on the table.  Now, in case you have never cooked stir fry before, you want to cook the chicken first, we use a little sesame seed oil, or a small amount of olive oil and a little soy sauce.  After the chicken is done, remove from the pan and cook the veggies.  They will cook for three - five minutes.  Return the chicken to the pan and add the sauce. 

The moral of the story....A home cooked meal doesn't always have to be fancy.  Freezer meal cooking doesn't mean it always has to be cooked by you.  And the most important thing is you have a plan.  All your family really cares about is that you are at the dinner table together.

1 comment:

  1. Well I think this is the best and easy recipe that I will cook. Thanks for sharing it here and I hope that I can cook this as soon as possible. I have some recipe for stir fry sauce and I hope that I can add it on your recipe for experiment.

    ReplyDelete