Sunday, April 17, 2011

S'more Cereal Bars

We discovered this recipe on the back of some generic marshmallows.  I have tried to locate the recipe online to give credit somewhere with no luck as of yet, so I'll post it here to share.  I used it today with some Young Women handouts and my kids devoured all the extras.  Let me add that I made a double batch, so it is impressive that they ate ALL the extras!



1/2 cup peanut butter
2 Tbs milk
1 package miniature marshmallows
3 1/2 cups Cocoa Puffs
3 1/2 cups Golden Grahams
1/2 cup peanuts



In a large heavy bottom saucepan stir together peanut butter, milk and marshmallows until melted.
Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
Immediately pour into 9x13 pan and press down evenly in pan.
After the mixture has cooled, cut into 24 pieces. (For my handouts I only did 12 in a pan)

The original recipe only calls for 6 total cups of cereal, but I think they are a little TOO sticky and gooey if you don't add the extra cereal.  My general rule of thumb is if you add more to your homemade rice crispy treats, add more here also.

No comments:

Post a Comment