Friday, February 18, 2011

German Pancakes

Tonight is pizza night, so I've decided to post our breakfast recipe.  German pancakes are a favorite of ours, the kids inhale them when I make them, so with our crew I actually have to make two batches at once.  I'm only posting the recipe for one, however.  I know most who make these cook them in an iron skillet, the way they are suppose to be done.  I am not so fancy, we use a 9x13 pan...as you will see from the photos.

 
5 Tbl butter
5 eggs
3/4 c milk
3/4 c flour
1/2 tsp salt



Preheat oven to 450.


Cut the butter into quarters and place in your baking dish.
Beat the eggs well with a hand mixer or kitchen aid.
Add the milk and continue to beat well.
After the oven has been on approximately five to ten minutes, place the baking dish with the butter in the oven. (You want it to be in long enough to heat the pan and melt the butter, but not so long the butter burns)
Add flour and salt to the mixture and mix well.

When the oven is preheated completely, pour the mixture into the pan.  I usually open the oven, pull the oven rack out enough to pour directly into the pan, and slide the rack back into the oven.  I have found this helps from losing too much heat.

Bake for 18 - 20 minutes.

Our personal preference is to serve with sliced strawberries and powdered sugar. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment